HAND THERAPY & COVID 19
Safety of our Sydney community is our priority
COVID 19 UPDATE for HAND THERAPY
Hand therapy covid 19 plan has been implemented and recently updated on June 26 2021 in light of recent events in Sydney.
From 6pm on Saturday 26 June 2021, if you have been in Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour for any reason since Monday 21 June 2021, you must follow the stay at home rules and must continue to follow them for 14 days after you were last in Greater Sydney.
From 5pm today (Friday, 9 July) the following additional restrictions will be in place:
- Outdoor public gatherings limited to two people (excluding members of the same household);
- People must stay in their Local Government Area or within 10kms of home for exercise and outdoor recreation, with no carpooling between non-household members;
- Browsing in shops is prohibited, plus only one person per household, per day may leave the home for shopping;
- Funerals limited to ten people in total (this will take effect from Sunday, 11 July);The four reasons to leave your home remain in place:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services (one person only);
- Medical care or compassionate needs (only one visitor can enter another residence to fulfil carers’ responsibilities or provide care or assistance, or for compassionate reasons);
- Exercise with no more than 2 (unless members of the same household);
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
A reasonable excuse to leave home includes to go out for medical reasons. Acute and post-operative hand and upper limb injuries are important to be reviewed and treated in a timely manner. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 02 8078 0692 if you have any questions or concerns.
The requirement to wear a face mask in all indoor areas of non-residential premises that was recently applied in Greater Sydney has been extended to all of NSW.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
Wash hands often OR use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser .
If you have flu like symptoms or you are presenting as unwell, please call our clinic where our reception team will assist you to reschedule your appointment.
Practice social distancing by keeping 1.5m apart at all times
We ask that if possible individuals being treated attend the clinic alone to help reduce numbers in our waiting area. We realise this is often not possible for people with hand injuries due to driving restrictions.
Ray and Michele thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We are committed to doing all we can to maximise safety to all of our valued patients.