Hand Therapy Associates focus on delivering a personalised and friendly experience to each patient and employee. We respect your privacy and are committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988.
Who we are
HAND THERAPY ASSOCIATES
Our website address is: https://handtherapyassociates.com.au.
Hand Therapy Associates is committed to complying with its obligations under the National Privacy Act.
What information does Hand Therapy Associates collect and hold?
Hand Therapy Associates will need to collect your personal information in order to provide clinical services for you.
This includes, but not limited to:
- Names, addresses and contact information
- Private health care details
- Medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, social history, family history
How does Hand Therapy Associates collect personal information?
- Hand Therapy Associates may collect your personal information in a number of ways including:
- Directly from you with the information you provide on the Balmain Sports Medicine and BJC Health ‘Personal Details & Consent’ Form
- During the course of providing clinical services
- From your guardian or responsible person (if applicable)
- From other involved healthcare specialists involved in your care
How does Hand Therapy Associates hold your personal information
Hand Therapy Associates may store your personal information via:
• Electronic Format (Nookal and Genie Software)
• As visual – X-rays, CT scans, clinical videos and clinical photographs
Clinical photographs may be used for educational purposes, and in this case you would remain completely anonymous and not be identifiable.
Refusal to consent to photographs or using photographs for educational purposes will not adversely impact your treatment.
Does Hand Therapy Associates disclose your personal information
We may disclose information
- To your authorised representative or advisers. or otherwise when you ask Hand Therapy Associates to do so
- To other Health Professionals involved in your care e.g. General Practitioner, Specialist, other Allied Health Professionals
- When there is a statutory requirement for Hand Therapy Associates to do so. In these circumstances, Hand Therapy Associates will notify you this is the case e.g. Insurance Company in compensable cases
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you have any questions or comments about any privacy-related issue, please contact: